For it is by grace you have been saved...

Thursday, August 21, 2008

When You Care Enough...

For years we've been greeted by the motto, "When you care enough to send the very best." Unfortunately, the company who coined the phrase can no longer be considered the answer to the motto.

Hallmark, as most of you have probably heard, has decided to introduce a line of "gay wedding cards." They say it's in response to consumer demand, which I highly doubt. The number of people rushing to the store for a gay wedding card can hardly be enough to change a mega corporation's product line. This is just one more example of how the liberal agenda is being forced on the mainstream American public.


I've never been a big "boycott" kind of guy. However, my family has made some choices about where we spend our time/income based on personal issues. For example, when one of our two local grocery stores decided to remodel their store and place a larger than average alcohol display right up front with big signs advertising this as your new source for alcohol; while the other store made the conscious choice to respond by not selling alcohol at all, we made the decision to stop shopping at the first and restrict ourselves only to the second. Don't know that our little shopping expenses have impacted either store, but it's a personal thing.

And for us, caring enough to send the best will certainly no longer include Hallmark. Again, I don't think I'll bankrupt them by ceasing to purchase the half dozen Hallmark cards I might have each year. But it's a personal thing. And I would think that those who really cared enough would do likewise.

2 comments:

Frances Clements said...

I almost always send e-cards.

I am not a big boycotter either, but I do make conscious choices to purchase from companies more in line with my values when the opportunity arises.

Anonymous said...

Scott,
I had not heard that Hallmark had began doing that.
Thanks for the info.
T.A.