For it is by grace you have been saved...

Friday, September 18, 2009

True Humility

I'm not the biggest basketball fan. Growing up in St. Louis, it was Baseball, Football and Hockey. Later I developed my passion (obsession?) with NASCAR. But being a sports fan in general, I have always tried to at least catch NBA playoffs and of course March Madness.

In the course of that, I came to appreciate David Robinson of the Spurs. Though a great player, he always seemed to be humble, and I often heard of his faith as well. He was recently inducted into the NBA Hall of Fame, and this genuine humility came through again.
Voddie Baucham did a wonderful job putting the Robinson speech along side the more self-centered address by legend Michael Jordan. I encourage you to go HERE and read it. Good job, Mr. Robinson.

No comments: