For it is by grace you have been saved...

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Page CXVII Hymns

Readers of this blog will know that I’ve shared before about my eclectic musical tastes. I enjoy a wide range of styles: rock, hip hop, Celtic, jazz, etc. Most of what I listen to is in the “Christian” genre; which is to say that I prefer music that exalts Christ whatever the style. And while I enjoy the “new” stuff, I am also passionate about the “old” stuff. Hence my antique hymnal collection and my appreciation for the growing number of folks “re-introducing” hymns to this next generation.

All this is simply to say that one of the hymn singing groups I appreciate has made it possible for folks like me to provide “streaming” on this blog of their music. Now, you have to understand, I’m pretty much techno-ignorant. I most often have nothing but a dial up connection. So I don’t really understand “streaming” and most often can’t even make use of it myself. However, I know that many (most) of you are far beyond me in this area, and I’d love to make this available.

The group in question is Page CXVI (spoken Page 116), takes their name from get this… page 116 of C. S. Lewis’ classic Narnia tale The Magician’s Nephew. The scene is one in which Alsan, the Christ character, begins to sing Narnia into creation out of a black void. They have a passion for the rich hymns in church history and a desire to see each new generation gain an appreciation for them. You can even find free music on their website.

So then, the point here, is these two links; one for their Hymns I and one for Hymns II. I’m trying to figure out a way to insert it as a permanent fixture on the side of the blog page, but until I figure that out, try these. Hope you enjoy.


Hymns I






Hymns II



1 comment:

Scott said...

Sorry folks, apparently I can't even paste code right. I'll work on it. It's worth it, trust me.


Word Verification: pelintio

I have pelintio problems with this technology.