For it is by grace you have been saved...

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

From the “What’s This World Coming To” Files

Sometimes you come across news items that just leave you speechless. I know that we are a depraved race, but sometimes it even shocks me. Below are links to recent stories that just leave me scratching my head, especially those that show the state of the American church is little better than the rest of society sometimes. Anyone who doesn’t believe in total depravity just isn’t paying attention. Read at your own peril.

National Prayer Service “Preacher” (especially paragraphs 7 and 9)

Man Tries to Sell His Daughter

The Most Pagan Preaching I’ve Ever Heard!

And just plain, “You’ve Got To Be kidding!”
(Warning, contains objectionable content; as if the others didn’t!)

Praise God for His Amazing Grace that saves us from our own depraved hearts!

2 comments:

Frances Clements said...

The drunk on the "Spirit" guy (John Crowder?) and the family therapist degree of the lady in "You've Got to Be Kidding" were especially unnerving.

I take it that Mr. Crowder is part of the emergent church movement?

Anonymous said...

I have no clue. I should probably be better informed, but I'd never heard of this John Crowder before. I found this video on the Museum of Idolatry site (http://www.alittleleaven.com/)

One description calls him a "cross between post Pentecostals and Emerging extremists." Check here: http://thetemple.wordpress.com/2008/07/30/john-crowder-extremely-emerging-post-modern-post-pentecostal-3/)

I don't know any group that would want to claim him!