For it is by grace you have been saved...

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Homeschooler Moment #2

For the last few weeks they've been running this commercial with a series of kids jumping up and down with joy in slow motion, and at the end a caption comes on saying "Snow Day!" It's an ad for that channel's news with their school closing report.

So as this last winter storm was approaching, our kids are sitting in front of the TV watching the news and especially watching the list of school closings scroll across the bottom. As our city gets close, they begin a countdown, and when our schools are officially closed, they fist pump and whoop imitating the kids on the commercial.

I just looked at them in confusion and said, "Uh, guys, you're homeschooled. What's the big deal?" My son says, "I know, it's just fun. And besides, this means there will be enough snow to actually play in."

I guess homeschoolers like snow days, too.

4 comments:

Gregg Metcalf said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

you mean we're not supposed to follow the state-school-schedule to a Tee? :)

have a grace filled weekend my brother!
paul

Scott said...

Paul, I don't think we usually even know the school schedule. We're pretty bad about keeping up with things like that. (Guess I shouldn't admit that on a pubic forum like this, should I?)

Dakota said...

Hey, I just came across your blog by doing a bit of blog-surfing, and I'm glad I did! I've added myself as your newest follower, and I hope you'll check out my Christian devotional site as well: wwwnocondemnation81.blogspot.com

Have a blessed day!

In Christ,
Dakota