For it is by grace you have been saved...

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Here, Houston, You Can Have My Sermons, Too

In case you haven't heard, the latest overreaching by a government agency is happening in Houston, TX.  The mayor of that city is a lesbian who has been pushing the homosexual agenda in her city, and when folks pushed back, she got all mad and decided to throw her weight around.  They are actually coming into churches and demanding copies of pastor's sermons!  That's an oversimplification of the mater but you can read the details here.  

I kind of like Russell Moore's response:
Indeed, the courage of John the Baptist is what we need.  And it may actually come to being willing to lose our heads, but the Gospel is non-negotiable.  Jesus said that He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.  One way, one truth, leading to life.  We don't get to change it, make it up, play around with it.  And I hope that every true Gospel-preaching pastor holds on to that. 

Of course, this case in Houston is a lot of red flag waving, or sabre rattling, or whatever you want to call it.  At this point, I'm hoping that rational people will see this political ploy for what it is, and the whole thing won't grab any real traction.  Of course, as another recent favorite tweet pointed out.
Well, whatever the case may be, anyone and everyone is welcome to have my sermons.  The most recent are in a feed at the right on this page.  Or you can go to our church "website" and find more here.  (I post that in quotes because I'm just using a free wordpress blog site as our church website, but it works).  

I look at it this way. If someone out there has nothing better to do than want to go through my sermons, and they have enough coffee to make it through them, then have at it.  But seriously, I have never apologized for preaching the Word, no matter how inexpertly I may do it.  And I never will change what I have to say based on that Word because of some political maneuvering.  God says, "Preach the Word in season and out." (2 Timothy 4:2)  No matter the season, I plan to preach the Word.  

No comments: