For it is by grace you have been saved...

Monday, April 20, 2015

A Message on Racial Reconciliation...Through the Gospel

I was blessed to be able to attend the Grace Bible Conference at Rockport Baptist Church in Arnold, MO this past weekend.  The theme was on "Living as Christians and Proclaiming Christ in an Increasingly Alien World", based on 1 Peter 2:9-12.  If you're interested, you can find the messages here (I benefited greatly from the messages by Mike Morrow and Pastor Scott Lee).

While the whole weekend was great, the highlight for me was a message from Kenny Petty.  Kenny grew up in North St. Louis, lived the "thug life", was radically saved in jail, and is now the pastor of The Gate Church in University City (St. Louis).

Given his background and experience, Kenny is especially qualified to address the issue of racial reconciliation.  He made me stop and rethink some things about issues like the Ferguson situation.  While I'm not sure I would change anything I've posted here about that, his take on it has caused me to do some re-evaluating of my core motivations about it all.  And in the end, he gives the best answer for the whole thing that anyone can give: The Gospel.

This is an amazing message called Reconciling Racial Disharmony.  I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.  It is well worth your time to listen.


No comments: