For it is by grace you have been saved...

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Bell on Hell…Addendum

For anyone who thinks I might have been a bit harsh on Rob Bell in the last post, especially since I haven’t read the latest book, here’s a great review from someone who has. It includes several quotes from the book itself which show beyond a shadow of a doubt that Bell is nowhere near orthodox in his teaching. Again, I never really thought he was, and quite honestly I don’t even plan to read this book. I’ve got much better things to do with my time than read pseudo-new age feel good stuff posing as theology.

Anyway, if interested, read the review…

2 comments:

Gregg Metcalf said...

I can not remember the last time I was so sick and tired of hearing about an individual. What does Christ say on the matter? Mark, avoid, move on. I agree he is not orthodox and the review was great! Thanks!

Scott said...

Agreed. I've been tired of him for a long time, ever since Velvet Elvis was shoved down our throats as some sort of new divine revelation. Went to an area wide pastor's appreciation lunch, and the local Christian bookstore was giving away a free gift: Velvet Elvis. Not sure what they were thinking.