For it is by grace you have been saved...

Friday, February 28, 2014

"Son of God" - My Response

No, I haven't seen it.  I didn't even see the Bible TV thingy the same folks made, which this movie is taken from.  But this is my general response to any and all TV Movies/Major Motion Pictures that have been or will be made on the text of Scripture.



I'm not trying to knock anyone or anything.  It's just that every time we have the "next big thing" in Bible movies that's going to "change the lives of anyone who sees it" I can't help but look back on all the other previous blockbusters.  None have ever had that effect.  All have fallen short.  Any time you try and portray the text of Scripture, you end up sacrificing the truth behind it for the "art" or the "storyline" or whatever.  

I'm not saying don't see the movie.  I saw The Passion and did think it had a certain emotional appeal.  But folks, read the Book, don't wait for the movie.

No comments: