For it is by grace you have been saved...

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Grace, Glorious Grace

Haven't posted anything in a bit.  Also, haven't been writing as much as I used to.  I've mentioned before that I have tried my hand at song writing a time or two.  Just found an old tape of a couple songs I wrote for my then fiancee, which a friend sat down and recorded with piano for me (since I don't sing and have very, very, very limited piano skills!)  That got me to thinking about writing again.

Anyway, to kill two birds with one stone as it were, I'll post a recent hymn attempt. (you can read others here, here, and here)  In preparing for messages leading up to the celebration of the Resurrection, I've been moved again by the power of God's grace. Grace is everything.  Without it, we have no hope, no life, no anything.  So I jotted down a few lines about that glorious grace.  

Grace, Glorious Grace

Grace, grace, what a glorious sound
From sin set free, from death unbound
Those that were lost, have now been found
All by His grace, glorious grace

Grace, grace, a gift given so free
No cost to you, no work from me
Christ paid our debt upon that tree
And gives us grace, glorious grace

Grace, grace, gives us strength for each day
We live, we love, we serve, we pray
All that we have, all that we say
It comes by grace, glorious grace

Grace, grace, in this hope we can rest
God is our rock, He seeks our best
He holds our hand through every test
We stand in grace, glorious grace

Grace, grace, brings us to His Bright Land
No foe can rend us from His hand,
His Word is true, His promise stands
We're His by grace, glorious grace

2 comments:

Gregg Metcalf said...

Excellent! Great hymn. Nothing compares to grace.

len aka "Crossfire" said...

Good lyrics, sounds good!