For it is by grace you have been saved...

Monday, November 23, 2020

Giving Thanks in 2020

 I was feeling a bit under the weather yesterday morning.  We've told our folks at church to please stay home when they aren't feeling well, and I thought it would be hypocritical of me not to do the same.  But I didn't have a backup plan, this last minute, for the morning service. So I sat in my office and recorded the morning message which was then shown on the PowerPoint screen.  Not the best solution, but it was functional.  And I've had several tell me it worked out well. 

It was interesting because the theme of the message was being thankful regardless of the circumstances (as in 2020, anyone?)  So I need to be thankful, even though I felt crummy, even though I couldn't be with my church family, even though I had to resort to this video technology. 

In the end, it was a good reminder of what we were looking at in Colossians 3.  The standing we have in Christ, and the blessings we have in the church, all amazing reasons to be grateful; regardless of what else is going on around us.   Hope this is a blessing to someone.  



No comments: