For it is by grace you have been saved...

Monday, November 2, 2020

One Day, You Will Meet God

 It was a great joy for us to welcome back Rev. Stephen Atkinson from Christian Witness to Israel, North America.  We have supported this ministry in the last few years, ever since I met Bro. Stephen at a conference in St. Louis.  

I was sitting down to lunch when I was joined by this brother with an interesting accent.  Sounded Irish to me, but when I asked where he was from, he said "Arkansas."  That was the most shocking Arkansas accent I had ever heard.  He finally admitted he was originally from Northern Ireland, and then began to share with me this ministry of taking the Gospel to the Jewish people.

I came back to Faith Southern and told our folks about this Irishman from Arkansas with a ministry to the Jews, and we immediately invited him to come speak to us.  He graciously agreed to preach in our morning service, and then share with our folks during Sunday School as well.  We've repeated this pattern for the last few years.

I always enjoy hearing my brother preach, and this year was no different.  Preaching from Isaiah 6, he shared the story of this man who met God.  Reminding us that we will all meet God one day as well, he pointed out the thrice-holy nature of our God, focusing on the Gospel, and then the application of sharing that Gospel with our Jewish friends.

I urge you to listen to this wonderful message, and then go and check out (and support) the ministry of CWI, N. America.  




No comments: