For it is by grace you have been saved...

Monday, December 21, 2020

12 Days of Drummer Boy - Day 10

 Most of the arrangements of the song on this favorites list of mine have been around awhile.  Some dating back to that ancient decade (according to my kids) of the 80s!   This one just came out a month or so ago. 

One of the bands I have recently discovered is a newer, somewhat lesser known band called Bayless.  Fronted by a husband and wife team, I have really been enjoying the unique sounds of this hard rock band.  They are quickly getting some notice, with a couple singles starting to move up "the charts."  When I first heard it, I couldn't stop listening to "No More Suffering", but the whole "Ready. Aim." EP is worth the time to check out.   

When they released a four song Christmas EP I was pretty excited, and when I heard this arrangement of Drummer Boy, I knew it would move on to my all time favorite list.  This is probably the most unique arrangement on my list, sounding more like another single in the unique style of the band instead of the old Christmas standard.  But I hope someone else out there might enjoy it as much as me.  



No comments: