For it is by grace you have been saved...

Monday, October 20, 2008

On The Lighter Side?

Chalk it up to my immaturity, lack of brain cells, or whatever, but I've always been a fan of the church cartoon. I know they can be pretty shallow at times, but I find much to laugh at in my life and in the life of the church, so there you go.

Anyway, one of my favorites is Mike Waters over at Joyful 'toon. I even signed up to have the latest emailed to me on a regular basis. And while this may seem like a venture into the "lighter side" of things, I found an amazing amount of insight in this most recent 'toon, especially regarding my recent posts regarding discernment over Obama's pro-death stands, lack of focus on the Word, etc. Here it is:

It seems to me that the reason there is so much garbage out there; the reason so many can be taken in by a political candidate's perceived charms; the reason we are willing to sell out the lives of countless children for the sake of the economy; all of this is simply due to the age old "garbage in, garbage out" process.

If we truly want to see our nation changed, then God's people MUST get back to preaching the Word, popular or not. It's the only way to find true gold.

1 comment:

Frances Clements said...

I really liked this cartoon and your comments about it. I have been praying that Christians will take this election as an opportunity to stop relying on the government to fix what is morally wrong with this country and start looking at our own hearts.