For it is by grace you have been saved...

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pro-life Petition from Mike Huckabee

My first, and I still think best, choice for President, Mike Huckabee recently sent out a request to identify pro-life voters. His message said in part:

I support and have always supported passage of a constitutional amendment to protect the right to life. My convictions regarding the sanctity of life have always been clear and consistent, without equivocation or wavering. I believe that Roe v. Wade should be over-turned. I know there are millions of Americans who believe as I do. All are concerned about the negative impact an Obama presidency and a Democrat controlled Congress will have on the Courts and the fight to overturn Roe v. Wade if they should win this Election Day. We cannot let that happen.

Gov. Huckabee is asking folks to sign a Pro-Life Petition which reads as follows:

I have no doubt that the Democrats' ideas are totally wrong for America and many of their plans would take us the opposite direction from where America needs to go.


Led by Senator Obama, the Majority of the Democrat Party in the House and Senate support the most liberal and indefensible positions on abortion, including a refusal to support a ban on the most vile form of all, partial birth abortion. Led by Senator Obama these Democrats are actively pushing for what the anti-life forces euphemistically call "reproductive rights."


Against them, we must rally every American that seeks to protect and cherish life. I urge you to sign the Petition below and ask your friends and family to do the same.

I would encourage anyone and everyone to stop by and sign this petition. I know that there are those who warn against becoming a "single issue" voter, but the truth is there is not a single issue that is more important than the lives of millions of children who have been slaughtered in the last few decades of our nation's history. (BTW, for a pretty good take on the "single issue" issue, go here or go here).


As of this writing, there were 11, 461 signers to the petition. The folks at Huck PAC are shooting for 100,00. So what are you waiting for?
HuckPac.com - I Like Mike!

No comments: