For it is by grace you have been saved...

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Help, My Brain Is Full!

Just got back from the Defending Your Faith Family Conference put on by Answer’s In Genesis. Wow! What a week.

2,000 folks gathered in Branson, Missouri for fifteen teaching sessions from Voddie Baucham, Doug Phillips and Ken Ham. The emphasis was on apologetics in general, with each ministry represented taking a slightly different approach.

As of right now, I’m still processing most of it. I think it has to do with being completely wiped out! In addition to the conference, we spent a day at Silver Dollar City, as well as some go-kart racing, craft store shopping, general running around, and of course lots of time in the pool! The kids all report that a good time was had by all.

Well, not quite all. The four-year-old’s patience was a bit tested, so mom missed several of the conferences trying to entertain him. As much as she loves him, even mom got a little worn out by that.

Anyway, in the coming days I plan to do a few entries on some of the subject matter addressed this week. It was all fantastic stuff, and once I’ve rested up and thought it all through, I’m sure I’ll be able to deal with it more coherently.

In the meantime, check out Ken Ham’s blog for some conference notes and a few photos. Doug Phillips makes a reference to the first night on his blog as well.

For the record, anyone considering taking your family to an AiG conference, or a Vision Forum event, or anything where Voddie Baucham is speaking, pack the bags and get going. It will be worth every penny.

1 comment:

Frances Clements said...

Ooo, I look forward to hearing your thoughts. I bet it was awesome!