For it is by grace you have been saved...

Monday, January 26, 2009

Preach The Word

Monday mornings are usually rough for me. Sundays are the highlight of my week, but I'm usually pretty wiped out. Preaching may not seem like hard work to many, but for those who take it seriously, it is both exhausting and exhilarating.

Dan Phillips of the Pyromaniacs has a wonderful post that explains much of what I’m talking about. This post was very challenging for me, as it reminded me of the gravity of this thing called preaching. But it was also very encouraging, as it reminded me that I’m not alone in my quest to be faithful in preaching the Word. Not that I’m perfect, or that I always get it right, but this post is a wonderful summary of my goals.

For any pastors reading this, I encourage you to read this as a challenge and encouragement. For non-pastors, I encourage you to read this as an insight into a pastor’s heart so that you may pray more effectively for your pastor. Regardless of your service in the church, you will be blessed by this post. (Click on link below)

No comments: