For it is by grace you have been saved...

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Have A Laugh - You Deserve It

Apparently today is National Tell a Joke Day.  (yes, this week I'm so lazy that I can do nothing but pick up these lame holidays.  Sorry)   I think every deserves a good laugh now and then. Scripture even tells us that a joyful heart is good medicine.

I stopped telling jokes in sermons years ago because I felt convicted about my job being to preach the Word, not entertain the masses.  Or at least that's what I tell myself.  The truth is, I have a strange sense of humor and no one gets my jokes.  Or maybe it's just my delivery.  Anyways, I want to honor the day, but not risk showing again how bad my own jokes are, so I hope you enjoy these from some of my favorite joke tellers. 




No comments: