For it is by grace you have been saved...

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Blowing the Dust Off

*cough*
*choke*
*ahem*

Sorry about that. Just trying to blow the dust off this old blog to see if anything still works. It's a bit rusty and dusty. The buttons might be sticking a little. But I think it might be salvagable.

Honestly, I don't know if I'm going to be able to really get this back up and running regularly or not. I've tried a couple times in the past. It's sad really. For several years I was able to put together some thoughts on a regular basis that were almost worthy of being read by others. And then it all just seemed to dry up.

I wrote about some of the reasons I thought this might have happened, so I won't repeat that here. To be honest, I've had in the back of my mind a desire to get this going again for some time. Time will tell how that works out.

The truth is, in my ongoing struggles against anxiety, I was up last night in prayer. Again. Being faithless. Again. And a few words came to mind as a hymn/song/prayer and I wanted to write them down. I want to remember them for myself, sing them to myself. But I also thought they might encourage someone else as well.

Hence the plan to blow the dust of this blog, simply as a means of sharing. Nothing magical. Nothing profound. Just a few thoughts on the struggle. Sometimes I need to blow the dust of my faith as well; remind myself of truths I know, but seem to forget. I pray you are daily reminded that though the struggle may be real, the victory truly is ours in Christ. Soli Deo Gloria


Great and gracious God of glory,
In my weakness I cry out.
As you write this day my story,
Give me strength to shatter doubt.
Sins o'erwhelm me,
Fears assail me;
Christ has come to conquer sin;
Come, O Lord, and heal within.

Daily battles still confront me;
Daily to the Cross I run.
Though I'm weak and often weary,
In Christ's work the battle's won.
Give Your power,
For each hour;
Give me faith to trust each day;
For Your glory, this I pray.

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
Three-in-One, my Savior, Lord;
When I pray, I know You hear it;
You are faithful to Your word.
Help my eyes see
Christ in vict'ry,
So my life will praise Your name,
And help others do the same.

No comments: