For it is by grace you have been saved...

Monday, October 7, 2019

Turning Over a Dead Leaf

Yep, it's me again.  Trying to once again revive this old space.  Not sure if it's going to happen.  Not sure if it's even useful for anyone but me.  But, nonetheless, I'm going to give it a try.

The title refers to this blog, as well as the season. Normally you might think of turning over a "new" leaf.  Obviously, this blog is a dead one.  Yet, as I said, I'm going to try turning it over anyway.

I think I may start by posting each Monday on Sunday's message.  Right now, I'm in the middle of preaching through the Gospel of Matthew.  Literally in the middle.  As in, chapter 13.  Odd place to start.  If someone is really interested, you can check out our church web page for the first 12 chapters. 

Anyway, the first couple parables in Matthew 13 could tend to make one a bit discouraged about the Kingdom of God and its success in this world.  Only a portion of the seed scattered falls on good ground, and what does grow has to contend with weeds.  Not a pretty picture. 

Which is why I think Jesus gives us the two short parables in the midst of those first two with their explanations.  It's a bit of Kingdom Encouragement to let us know that in spite of the seemingly bleak picture, the Kingdom will grow, will expand, will be strong.  So keep at it.  Keep spreading those seeds.  Even if it means you have to turn over a dead leaf now and then.

So, here is Sunday's message:

Kingdom Encouragement, Matthew 13:31-35

Hopefully there is more to come...

No comments: