For it is by grace you have been saved...

Sunday, April 4, 2021

An Easter Hymn

 Been a while since I posted a hymn, I think.  I've always been fascinated by those preachers of bygone days who would write their own hymns for the worship in their churches.  I don't do it a lot, and most of them I use borrowed tunes from older hymns.  But there are a couple that we actually sing on occasion at our church. 

I was up at 2am a few nights ago (a currently recurring occurrence), and had a few lines run through my head.  So, since I was awake anyway, I put together a few more lines and turned it into an Easter hymn.  We sang this in our Sunday morning service today, though I rarely make it known that it's something I wrote (until, of course, I then post it online for the world to see). 

Not the best offering, but it's from a heart of gratitude and worship. 


Resurrection Morn
3-27-21

My life was in such sorrow
No hope was given at all
No promise of tomorrow
Till I heard the Gospel call

Refrain:
The clouds of sin have parted
The shroud of death has been torn
New life in Christ has started
On this Resurrection morn.

Sin’s debt had built such a sum
The price I never could pay
Christ died to pay my ransom
And rose again the third day

Refrain

Sometimes I still feel the weight
My sin seems to drag me down
But in Christ my fears abate
For He promised me a crown

Refrain

If you know you’ve lost your way
And feel there’s no hope at all
Just look to our Christ today
And answer His Gospel call


 


No comments: