For it is by grace you have been saved...

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Must Read For Dads of Daughters

All parents want their daughters to marry godly young men. But which qualities, specifically, should they be looking for? What will you say when that certain young man sits down in your living room, sweaty-palmed and tongue-tied, and asks your permission to marry your daughter? What criteria should he meet before the two of them join together for life?

As a father with two teen daughters, this promo for Voddie Baucham’s latest book hits close to home. Actually, I’ve been looking forward to this book for almost a year. Dr. Baucham mentioned it during the Answer’s In Genesis family conference we attended in Branson. I’ve been anxiously awaiting the release ever since.

Here’s the deal. Even though I haven’t even read it yet, I can guarantee this is a book that I’ll be recommending for years to come. I’ve heard enough of Voddie’s teaching to have a general idea of what’s in here, plus the promo tells us what to expect:

"What He Must Be... If He Wants to Marry My Daughter" outlines ten qualities parents should look for in a son-in-law, including trustworthiness, a willingness to lead his family, an understanding of his wife's role, and various spiritual leadership qualities.

Dads, let’s resolve now that we will take the admonition’s we’ll read here to heart. I don’t know about you, but I have pretty high standards for the young man who will eventually marry my daughter, and I’ve been praying for him for years.

Folks, I’m telling you now, this is a must read. Without having cracked the cover, I know this to be true. In fact, you can click on the picture here or on the book title above and order it right now from Monergism books. Or wait a couple weeks and it will be in most stores. But get this book.

No comments: