For it is by grace you have been saved...

Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Disturbing Start to My Day

Warning! The following images may be disturbing to some readers. Especially if you are a NASCAR fan. Especially if you are a #24 fan. (If you're not a #24 fan, you may actually find these images amusing!). You've been warned.

So, I walk into my office this morning, and see something strange lying on the floor.

I bend over to take a closer look, hoping that this isn't what I think it is. But, alas, it is.

I quickly look to the top of my desk to just verify one more time that this horror could possibly be true. And there, glaring at me is the final piece of evidence.

The questions now begin to run through my head. How did this happen? Who would do such a thing? Did someone break into my office overnight to commit this vile act? Is this a message; a warning? Could it possibly have been an accident? And if so, which of the children do I bring in to grill about the issue?

Normally I wouldn't be quite so paranoid. But after all, Jeff did have a rather eventful time at the track last weekend (read here and watch the entertaining video).

The poor guy hasn't had such a good year. Actually, he had a great year in many respects, with many good runs and opportunities to win. But something always seemed to get in the way. An unfriendly act by a teammate. Mechanical problems. As a result the 24 team didn't have the results they were hoping for. Until now, I just thought it was one of those things; you know, like the drivers say, "Just one of those racin' deals." But now...

Could it be that the same forces that have been at work stopping the 24 team all season long have been offended by Jeff's display of ire and emotion last weekend, and they swooped into my office to take their revenge on my bobblehead? I mean, what else can exlplain this vicious act? We may never know the answers.

I may not be able to do anything about the 24 team's season, but on my watch, the evil forces arrayed against my guys will not get away with it. We will rebuild. We will continue on...
(Aren't we all glad for Band-Aids?!)

2 comments:

Gregg Metcalf said...

You're funny!

Eddie Eddings said...

I am thankful that your bobblehead received proper medical treatment before it was too late.