For it is by grace you have been saved...

Sunday, May 22, 2011

I'm Still Here

I'm still here. Is this good news, or bad?

Of course, I wrote this on Saturday morning, scheduled for Sunday morning, so I guess it's possible that I'm not really still here. But...

The saddest part of all of this is the fact that false teachers such as Camping give a "black eye" to all of Christianity. I think Dan Nuckols put it well:May we be faithful in proclaiming the real Good News while we still have breath, for one day Christ will return, and I for one want to be found faithful. After all, I am still here, so there is work to be done.

5 comments:

Gregg Metcalf said...

Amen!

mikew116 said...

Good to see you still around, I hope it's a good thing. ;-)

Anonymous said...

This is EXACTLY my primary concern! Camping and his followers make the Gospel more repugnant to the lost. Unbelievers blaspheme God because of these false teachers and their arrogance and refusal to be counseled and corrected by the universal church. Very sad that this will harden the already disinterested hearts of the lost and fuel the fire for their skepticism and scoffing at true Christianity.

Scott said...

Sad is a very good word. And yet, we knew this would happen. We knew hearts would be hardened. I think we've just had it so easy for so long that the kind of out right mockery this is bringing is a shock to us. I'm sure it's going to get worse as well.

Anonymous said...

Scot - Just found this great article that basically says the same thing as your cartoon: http://www.dennyburk.com/not-sitting-in-the-seat-of-scoffers/

You may have already seen it, but wanted to put it out there. Challies had it on his A la Carte this morning