For it is by grace you have been saved...

Monday, October 21, 2013

Happy Babbling Day

Might as well just call it Blogging Day.  Or Social Media Day.  Since after all that’s what most of us do around here; babble.

But today, October 21, is officially Babbling Day.  I have no idea what the origin of the day is.  I have no idea how you’re supposed to celebrate it.  I’m assuming that it’s a day in honor of those who simply babble on and on; those who talk gibberish; those who can take one simple little thought and turn it into a 42 word sentence which truly amounts to absolutely nothing.   Sounds like my kind of day.

I do have the tendency to babble.  If you’ve read here, you know this.  Because of that tendency, I actually manuscript my sermons.  I know the jury is quite divided about that little issue, but I do it simply because I love my church and don’t want them to have to endure my endless ramblings.  I manuscript it out so that I know exactly what I want to say, how I want to say it, and roughly how long it will take.  Of course, I don’t always stick to the manuscript, but…

Anyway, hope you enjoy the day.  If you’re a babbler, take time to enjoy the sun.  Be proud of your verbosity.  If you’re not, and you can’t stand babbling, well not to worry.  I don’t think too many folks know about this, so for the most part it’s just business as usual.

Well, in honor of the day, I’ve not only offered you this completely meaningless rambling; but I also offer this:

Some time ago I found this amazing little piece from Lutheran Satire on the Trinity.  It’s really quite profound, and also quite funny.  But what’s even more funny is the version below.  It seems that the folks at Youtube provide closed captioning for videos.  In this case, due to the theological concepts being discussed and the silly little accent being used, the close captioning made a valiant effort, but came up a little short.  The end result is the perfect clip for Babbling Day.  Enjoy.  



No comments: