For it is by grace you have been saved...

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Media Coverup? (Or am I just not paying attention?)

We all know the media is biased.  We all know they choose to only report on those stories that help further their cause, support the liberal agenda, etc.  Here and there some media outlet may let the cat out of the bag, but you have to hunt for it. 

Or maybe I'm just not paying enough attention.  Maybe the story has been out there for months and I'm just now catching up on things.  I don't deny this may be the case.  I'm not nearly the news follower I used to be.  Maybe because I got tired of the one sided line we're being fed. 

But thank goodness for Fox News.  They will keep me posted on the truly important stories, those that have a real effect of my every day life.  Like this headline: 


What!?  I'm not a Dunkin' customer, primarily because we don't have any around here, but still... Raising coffee prices?  Global shortage???  I can't believe this.  This is a real crisis.  Why are the media not following this story each and every night until a resolution is found?  Stinkin' liberals.

Now, to be fair, once I read this disturbing news I did do a search online for information regarding this pending crisis.  And I did find several stories back in February.  So maybe I did miss the announcement when it first came out.  Maybe I was too busy freezing from this past winter nightmare.  

But even if I did miss a day or two, why wasn't this story followed up on? Why is there no continuing coverage.  Forget the stuff going on in the Middle East and in Russia and so on.  What's going on with my coffee?!!

If you've read anything on this blog in the last few years, you are probably aware of my affinity for this beautiful bean and the bounteous beverage brewed from it.  And I'm not alone.  There are thousands, nay millions of us all over the world.  Why is the media ignoring us?  What are they afraid of?  What are they trying to hide?

Well, that cat has shed it's bag/bonds and is on the loose now.  So I'll be paying attention. I'm going to write a letter to my Senator right now asking to have a special envoy appointed, a special committee, a special something or someone who will investigate this looming disaster and find a way to avert it before it's to late. If you care at all about the future of coffee, you'll join me.  Don't let the media coverup keep us from addressing this coffee catastrophe!

1 comment:

Gregg Metcalf said...

You preach it brother!