For it is by grace you have been saved...

Wednesday, December 9, 2020

12 Days of Drummer Boy - Day 4 (with bonus)

 A few years back I stumbled upon what has become one of my all time favorite bands: Theocracy.  I recognize that a little prog metal is not for everyone, but if you like long-form, story songs; and don't mind a little loud guitars, then you really need to check out the song "Mirror of Souls."  It's an amazing story, and has even inspired an upcoming book by Wayne Thomas Batson

Actually, the first song I heard from Theocracy was the Martin Luther/Reformation inspired "Nailed," which is from my favorite album As The World Bleeds.  The epic "I Am" leads off this masterpiece, and is worth your time. 

Anyway, the genius behind Theocracy, Matt Smith, has over the years offered a handful of Christmas songs.  Some are arrangements of old standards; and some are just fun originals ("Rudolph vs. Frosty" comes to mind).   

Of course, this series of posts is about the "Little Drummer Boy," so that's the video I need to get to.  Just a fun arrangement of this classic.  However, as a bonus, I've also included the original song "Snowglobe" which is a wonderful story with a very meaningful message.  Enjoy.  








No comments: